Monday, June 15, 2015

Hello In Every Language

Welcome friends, family, countrymen/women/non gender specific. This is a blog for acceptance. Humor and happiness and random ramblings of a 27 year old (not natural) blonde. If you need a laugh or need to feel like you're not alone, you've come to the right place, love. (I also really like using gifs even if they're not 100% relevant.)


I have recently discovered I am both bisexual and asexual. The bisexual thing I figured out a few years ago. The asexual thing is within the past year, and it's been interesting, to say the least.





The bisexual thing is the easier one to deal with. Most people - at least most in my generation - have been cool about it. No, it’s not a choice, it’s just something I didn’t realize until a couple years ago, and now that I know, my past makes a lot more sense. I’m openly bisexual and flirt with males and females (although to be honest I quite prefer the ladies).



The asexual thing sucks, majorly. Everything in this world has to do with sex. Every movie, every TV show, every song, every book, every magazine, every commercial - it’s everywhere.
Trying to explain it to people is like talking to brick walls. They don’t understand - “Oh, you just haven’t met the right person yet,” they’ll say. “Oh, you just haven’t had good sex yet,” they’ll say. 
But, the thing is, I don’t understand their side of things, either. Like...how do you even have sexual desires? Just like I don’t believe you have to have been with both a man and a woman to know your sexual preference, I don’t believe you have to have had sex (good or bad) to know you’re asexual (or ace, as I will be referring to it on occasion). 
That being said, I am more than willing to answer questions about it, especially for those who might be wondering if they’re in the same boat. Advice? Look it up on Tumblr - there are a lot more of us out there than you think.
This entry is short because it's my first one and I had too much fun finding gifs to write anything more. I will add more entries soon though. If you have anything you'd like me to discuss, let me know and I'll see what I can do!
What, over? Did you say over?
(None of the above gifs are mine, all credit to owners.)

No comments:

Post a Comment